The Association’s Mission is to support the goals, objectives and aspirations of all descendants of the 272 enslaved people who were sold by Jesuits of Georgetown University in 1838, and further to represent the same interests of all other descendants of people enslaved before and after 1838 by the Jesuits of the Maryland Province of the Society of Jesus.
The Objectives of the Association shall be (without limitation):
- To unite current and future descendants of the GU272; descendants of all people enslaved by the Jesuits; and friends, allies, supporters, and family members of these descendants.
- To foster a spirit of FAMILY, kinship and support among all descendants — particularly those of the GU272.
- To promote and support the aspirations of descendants through programming and fundraising activities that help achieve Association objectives.
- To encourage, stimulate and sustain a spirit of unity, togetherness and FAMILY among all descendants of the GU272.
- To promote the educational and economic aspirations of all descendants through mutually beneficial relationships with Georgetown University and the Society of Jesus.
We are a 501(c)(7) non-profit organization.
Contributions made via the credit card/PayPal link below, are tax deductible. These contributions are processed via our fiduciary agent which is a 501(c)(3) organization.
We appreciate your support of our mission and objectives.
Contributions by check:
GU272 Descendants Association
P.O. Box 82802
Baton Rouge, LA 70884